Alex's Favorite "Roasted" Potatoes
I'm not really sure why we call these potatoes roasted, because they never go in an oven. Rest assured, whatever the name is, they are really good! Alex is a roasted potato fanatic -- I'm more of a mashed kind of girl, but whatever -- and this recipe is always met with rave reviews from my picky eater husband. When I got these fingerling potatoes and red onion in my Farm Fresh to You box, I know exactly what I would make.
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
1. Boil fingerling potatoes whole until cooked through. Strain and set aside to cool.
2. In a frying pan, caramelize red onions in oil and a pinch of salt and pepper until soft. Remove onions and place in casserole dish, retaining oil.
3. Slice cooked potatoes in half long ways, and place cut side down on the hot cooking oil. Fry on medium-high heat until crisp and brown, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Add onions back to pan with the potatoes, and all seasonings. With burner on medium heat, mix together until potatoes are coated in seasoning.
5. Serve in the same casserole dish that previously held the onions. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored* by Farm Fresh to You. To get $10 off your first box, click the image below, and enter code ANNI9875 at checkout.