Five Ways to Celebrate Spring
It may not feel like spring where you live (hello mountains of snow and chilly, chilly nights!) but the calendar says it's here! So, in the spirit of renewal, here's a short list of ways to celebrate the new season.
1. Bring the outside in. If wildflowers aren't quite blooming outside your door, bring home a fresh bouquet of seasonal flowers. My favorites are daffodils or peonies from Trader Joe's. If you don't have a totally brown thumb like me, try some potted plants like orchids or even an herb garden on your windowsill.
2. Bake a refreshing treat. These lemon tart bars scream spring to me.
3. Take a long bath in spring-scented bubbles. These rose bath bombs look like a luxurious way to inhale the spring time -- without the sneezing.
4. Stop and smell the roses. If you live in a major city, try escaping to a botanical garden for the afternoon. Sip iced tea and stroll among the fresh blooms. I'm looking forward to a visit to Cheekwood Gardens to enjoy some of their tulips!
5. Refresh your wardrobe. A new pair of skivvies might be all it takes to shake the winter blues and put a little pep in your step. Might I suggest the At First Blush Set? The flattering peachy tone works well on all complexions, and the gold threads throughout the lace correspond to the dots on the elastic for a subtle shine that'll be you feel fine.